Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Enabling High Precision in Informatica

Summary:
The technical document talks about the enabling high precision scenarios in informatica.
Introduction:

In Informatica the decimal is considered as double function which rounded to only two decimals .So if you we have requirement in informatica to calculate a decimal value column with greater than two decimal and using aggregator function as well .Then we need to enable the high precision property.
First Scenario:

In this scenario if we are calculating a sum of decimal values in aggregator transformation and expecting the value more than two decimals .Then we need to enable high precision value so that the integration service treats the value as a decimal value else it treats the value as double and rounds the value to two decimals.
Second Scenario:

In this scenario if we are calculating a sum of decimal values up to 28 decimals for any scientific calculation as well we can enable high precison .







Conclusion:

By default if for any decimal calculation if we enable high precision integration service will not round the value to decimal or convert the value to double while calculation along with that if you want to calculate up to 28 decimals for any scientific calculation also we can enable high precision option in informatica.

7 comments:

andrea chiu said...

You seems have a great job explaining everything and i did have a good time reading.

arci

www.triciajoy.com

Jeffy said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
SEO Company in Chennai

Unknown said...

This was so useful and informative. The article helped me to learn something new. iOS App Development Company in India

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog.. Thanks for sharing informative blog.. its very useful to me.. Security alarm in Chennai

sasitamil said...

I found your blog while searching for the updates, I am happy to be here. Very useful content and also easily understandable providing..
Believe me I did wrote an post about tutorials for beginners with reference of your blog. 




Selenium training in bangalore
Selenium training in Chennai
Selenium training in Bangalore
Selenium training in Pune
Selenium Online training

sarthak said...

That's a great blog, but I want to know something more if I have decimal (18,6) as source query what should I do? Enable high precision or disable it? Enabling it is giving me error in new informatica power center upgrade.

Revathi said...

Hmm, it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well as an aspiring blog writer, but I’m still new to the whole thing..keep it up!!

android training in chennai

android online training in chennai

android training in bangalore

android training in hyderabad

android Training in coimbatore

android training

android online training